Miami’s Top Fitness & Taekwondo Company was founded by Master Alvarez in 2005.
Master Alvarez is a Black Belt 4th. Degree Kukkiwon from the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF), Master of Science in High Performance Sports Training, and Bachelor of Science in Physical Education from Cuba which he validated in the USA.
Miami’s Top Fitness & Miami, FL 2004 – Present
Trainer and Instructor
- Teach Taekwondo for children at St. Timothy School.
- Teach Fitness Boot Camp and Personal Training for adults.
Rockway Elementary School, Miami, FL. 2004 – Present
Physical Education Teacher
- I serve as role models, and demonstrate knowledge of health, physical education and wellness.
Peak Performance Taekwondo, Miami, FL. 2012
Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Developed the Strength and Conditioning Program for Terrence Jennings and Paige McPherson toward to the Olympic Games in London.
Boston Taekwondo Academy, Boston, MA. 2003
- Trained the Cape Verde Taekwondo National Team for the African Games; won Gold medal.
- Taught Taekwondo as a martial art and as a sport.
University Taekwondo Association, Hidalgo, Mexico 2003
Supervisor and Trainer
- Developed a Taekwondo Programs for children.
- Taught seminars about Taekwondo training in different levels.
- Trained the university’s Taekwondo team.
Manuel Fajardo, Sport Science University, Havana, Cuba 2002 – 2003
- Taught Taekwondo for Bachelor and Masters’ courses.
- Trained the university’s Taekwondo team.
National Institute of Sports, Physical Education (INDER). Havana, Cuba 2002
Technical Director of the Cuban Taekwondo Federation
- Established new Taekwondo training strategies to improve results in competition.
- Developed different physical and technical tests to determine the possible athletic talents that could be integrated the Cuba National Team.
National Institute of Sports, Physical Education (INDER), Havana, Cuba 2000 – 2003
Head of National Investigations Taekwondo Commission
- Detect problems that impede optimum results in national and international competitions.
- Found solid solutions by means of scientific investigation for each problem.
National Institute of Sports, Physical Education, and Recreation, “Manuel Fajardo” Havana, Cuba 1999 – 2003
Supervisor, Taekwondo Cuban Olympic Team
- Assisted in the creation of the Taekwondo Cuban Program.
- Supervised the Taekwondo training plans for the national and state Taekwondo teams,
- Taught several national courses covering the latest research in contemporary training tendencies.
- Monitored the quality of the athletes, trainers and training conditions for all states teams.
- Organized and directed national Taekwondo events at the University level.
Manuel Permuy High Performance School Havana, Cuba 1995 – 1999
- 9 of my athletes integrated the Cuba National Team and one of them became the first Cuban Word Taekwondo Champion “GesslerViera Abreu”, 2007 Beijing
- His team (Ciudad Habana) was 4 times National Champion
Camilo CienFuegos Sports Center Havana, Cuba 1994 – 1995
Instructor of Taekwondo
- Taught Taekwondo as a martial art and as a sport within all age groups.
- Taekwondo Coach supported by Olympic Solidarity IOC, 2002
- Taekwondo Coach supported by Olympic Solidarity IOC, 1998
Seminars & Conferences
- Orlando, Florida, USA – Presentation about Periodization in Taekwondo at the International Peak Performance Taekwondo Camp
- La Loma, San Luis Potosi, Mexico – Seminar at The first Master International in Psychology and Methodology of Taekwondo Training”, 2010
- Boston Taekwondo Academy. Boston, Massachusetts – Seminar: Integral Preparation for Taekwondo Athletes, 2003
- Higher Institute of Physical Education. Holguin, Cuba – Technical Methodological National Course, “The Taekwondo Tactical Preparation”, 2002
- Higher Institute of Physical Education. Havana, Cuba – Speaker of the II International
Conference of Physical Education and Sport, 2001
- Trainers’ National Sports School (ENED). D.F. Mexico – Speaker in the Congress IV named, “Contemporary Approaches of Training”, 2001
- Autonomous University Hildalgo State (UAEH). Pachuca, Mexico – The Planification of Sports Training, 2001
- Higher Institute of Physical Education. Villa Clara, Cub – Technical Methodological National course, “Specify Taekwondo Planning”, 2000
Awards, Honors, & Accomplishments
- 3 times Cuban National Championship in three different weights categories.
- 3 times The Most Technical Athlete” and two times “The Best Fight” in national events.
- Taekwondo Cuba National Team Member 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992 and 1993.
- Over 60 Taekwondo training publications in various digital magazines.